- Senior Buyer
- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
- August 3, 2017
- August 3, 2017
- November 3, 2017
Lead the activities of the purchasing department in procuring materials, equipment, and services. Develops purchasing plan and the policies and procedures for the purchasing area.
- Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives and participates in major contract negotiations with top suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Develop and manage network of vendors and suppliers.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to: supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, and financial (AP) performance.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Track raw material inventory and deliveries to ensure JIT inventories.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future raw material availability.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Lead and coach Purchasing team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 years’ of purchasing experience; may substitute appropriate experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of thorough research and networking strategies for identifying supplies.
- Ability to utilize our internal tools to analyze market data.
- Ability to exude the highest level of customer service to both internal/external business partners including tact and persuasion during negotiations.
- Ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail including analytical thought processes.
- Proven track record of strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Project Management and lean manufacturing experience preferred.